From Thursday April 7th and until Saturday April 9th the 9th Edition of the Model United Nations Escuela Carlos Pereyra, MUNEP.
This year the 30 participants were divided into two committees. The human Rights council discussed the topic “Modern Slavery” in which the delegates submitted impactful and interesting proposals to bring this unfortunate situation to a stop.
The delegates recognized at the end were:
– 3rd Place Honorable Mention: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland- Enrique Torres V.
– 2nd Place Outstanding Delegate: Democratic People’s Republic of Korea- Ana Sofía Ríos M.
– 1st Place Best Delegate: Russian Federation-Valeria Muñoz S.
On the other hand, the General Assembly discussed the topic “The humanitarian crisis created by the invasion of Russia to Ukraine” in which the delegates discussed solutions to this real and current matter. The delegates recognized at the end were:
– 3rd Place Honorable Mention: The United States of America- Alfonso Javier Rodríguez C.
– 2nd Place Outstanding Delegate: Ukraine- Juan Pablo Velazquez R.
– 1st Place Best Delegate: Russian Federation- Jacobo Batarse G.
The work of the chairs was also recognized
– The best Moderator was Andrea Odriozola A.
– The best secretary was Fernanda Luna G.
– The best president was Luis Mario Rodríguez B.
– The best chair was: The Human Rights Council, President Sara Elena Torres V., Secretary, Fernanda Luna G. and Moderator Andrea Odriozola A.
It also worth mentioning that this event would not have been possible without the help of the amazing staff members.
These are the experiences that Pereyra strongly bets on because they create a complete academic experience based upon the development of critical thinking ideas in which students expose themselves to the realities of the world they live in and in where they will eventually participate to make it better.